Capture, monitor, and manage the flow of your internal and external documents with Sage ERP X3 Electronic Document Management (EDM).
Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, Sage X3 EDM scans, indexes, and archives all your company documents into a single repository making it easy to search, access, and distribute them.
Sage ERP X3 EDM Features
Sage ERP X3 Electronic Document Management (EDM) functionality allows you to go green and save on real costs such as postage, stationary, and storage space while reducing inefficiencies and labor costs associated with filing and handling hard copies of important documents.
- Automatically Archive – Using OCR technology, internal and external documents are automatically scanned, indexed by keyword, linked to the proper Sage ERP X3 transaction, and securely stored for future use.
- More Security – Archived documents cannot be overwritten or deleted, and any new versions of documents are automatically given a new version number.
- Email or Fax Automatically – At the touch of a button, automatically send or fax document once they have been indexed and archived.
- Instant Access – Once a document has been indexed and archived, it can be accessed by any Sage ERP user using the Attachment or Document button within your Sage X3 system.
- Drag and Drop Filing – Anyone in your organization, even non ERP users, can archive company documents using the EDM Deposit client that can be installed on the Windows desktop.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access – Using proper credentials and an internet connection, anyone can remotely access the documents using the new Sage ERP X3 web-portal.
For information about the cost-saving benefits and to see how it works, read our blog post Introducing Electronic Document Management for Sage ERP X3