It’s here and it’s here in a big way! Competitors have positioned the Inventory capabilities of Sage Intacct as less than full functioning. Perhaps that was the case in the past. However, in the latest release of Sage Intacct, Inventory is full of all the features and functionality most SMBs (Small to Medium-sized Businesses) need and then some.
Sage Intacct Inventory Manager was unveiled at Sage Intacct Advantage (its annual conference in Oct). The new release delivers robust Inventory Management capabilities, some of which we haven’t seen in other ERP solutions. Here are ten features in the latest release that most impressed us.
Top 10 Inventory Features for Sage Intacct
- One-step warehouse transfers from one warehouse to another even across companies (entities).
- Item type conversion utility that will convert non-inventory items and standard kits to inventory items while retaining the item history.
- The ability to set up UOM (Unit of Measure) Groups, i.e.-Beverages (Can 12 oz., 6-pack, 12-pack, case, etc.), or Subscriptions (Month, Quarter, Year) to help with data insights and reporting.
- Kits and Stockable Kits to enhance grouping, streamline data entry, and bin tracking. Kit configuration can utilize both Inventory and Non-Inventory types.
- Drop Ship transactions to allow for sales to a customer while concurrently ordering the product from a vendor and have it shipped directly to the customer.
- Workflows provide flexibility to create Transaction Definitions for advanced posting and mappings.
- ‘Effective Date’ ranges for standard cost model planning in future periods with precise cutoff dates.
- Built-in dimension functionality at the item level that greatly enhances data analysis and reporting.
- Configurable Inventory Management Dashboards. Below is a sample of the Inventory Stock Manager Dashboard, putting all of the critical information at your fingertips.
- Full Lot & Serial Number issuance and tracking plus the ability to create a mask for internally generated Serial Numbers.
With four enhancement releases a year, the rapidity of additional features and functionality in Sage Intacct significantly outpaces competitive products. For example, in the coming release due this month, additional functionality will be added to the Sales Order Line Entry. Soon, customers will be able to ship separate line items on a Sales Order to different Ship to locations, have the tax computed by location and have a single invoice generated.
I Want to Learn More about Sage Intacct »