Users may want to add a discount amount on the sales invoice line level and have the discount amount post to a specific GL account.
These steps will help you setup a sales invoice line discount:
- Setup the Sales invoice element for the sales discount
- The value type = Amount, the Sign = Decrease
- Select the desired accounting code with the appropriate GL accounts
- Click Element position to verify that the invoicing element will be included on the invoice.
- Click Control when finished.
- Define the Price Structure
- Go to Setup > Sales > Price lists > Price structure
- In my example we are setting up a decreasing amount. The value = Amount, calculation basis = By line, Net price = No, and the desired invoicing element.
- Create the Sales invoice
- I have created a Sales invoice for 2 items @ $100 each. The line discount amount is $5.00.
- The Sales invoice amount will update to $195.
- When posting to the General Ledger the $5.00 discount amount will post to the account defined in the Sales invoice element.