Is your organization looking for ways to maximize the month end close process, reduce inefficiencies, eliminate manual effort and break free from a legacy, spreadsheet-driven approach? Sage Intacct and FloQast together help transform a legacy headache to a current day piece of cake!
Elements of the Close
There are four elements that influence a successful month-end close; people, process, documents, and reconciliations. Do you have an effective means to help your people process the month-end documents? Let’s evaluate how using a cloud solution like FloQast can improve your period-end close.
Providing your team the technology, tools and best practices to efficiently and precisely process month-end is fundamental to success. Modern software with intuitive user experiences and social collaboration, promote a collaborative workforce that eliminates errors, streamlines the review process, and simplifies your audits.
The goal of every month-end is to verify and enter adjusting entries to produce accurate and timely financial statements for stakeholders. An easy 3-step ideal process includes:
- Confirming all transactions for the period are entered correctly.
- Closing all subledgers to restrict erroneous postings.
- Perform all reconciliations as soon as possible (i.e. bank reconciliation, Accounts Payable agings and Accounts Receivable agings).
Create and publish a close policy, documenting everything into a single collaborative checklist (example download available) along with best practices including:
- Highlight the transactional purpose, troublesome items and helpful tips.
- Identify the roles and timing of month-end tasks on a Gantt Chart
- Setup reminders to secure required supporting documentation
- Publish, schedule and share report distribution to management and users
- Organize a file structure for supporting documentation
- Use Sage Intacct smart links on the Dashboard to help manage the process
Improve data quality and eliminate spreadsheets and other external manual processes by using Sage Intacct to manage the reconciliation process including bank reconciliation, deferred revenue, and credit card statement settlement. Using standard Sage Intacct capabilities will provide full audit traceability and recording of ‘a single truth’. A best practice is to setup Smart Rules along with Smart Alerts to identify potential transaction mistakes along the way.
Simplify your month-end close, reduce stress and minimize errors with Sage Intacct and FloQast. Upon implementation of these best practices and solutions, closing the books will never be easier! Download the ‘Definitive Guide to Close Management’ to take control of your month-end close today.
Built by accountants for accountants, FloQast is a best-in-class application that centralizes, organizes, and ensures completeness of your month-end close.