Sage Intacct Version 2021 R4 (Release 4) is now available. Let's take a look at some highlights of what's new in the latest release including enhancements across core financial management and reporting, inventory control, industry functionality for construction and nonprofits, and much more.
Featuring Enhancements to:
- Managing Accounts Receivable and Payables
- Inventory Control
- Financial Reporting
- New List Experience
Managing Accounts Receivable and Payables
Improvements to screens in both AR Advances and AP Approve Payments make them even easier to use as well as provide more options for you to manage view and filters.
An idea that came from Intacct customer feedback, the Approve Payments list now allows you to:
- Apply complex filters on the fly
- Create and save custom views that present payment requests
- Export the list to print, share, or view in another application
- Take actions right from the list screen
The Receive Advances page was updated for an improved user experience. In addition to the fresh new look, you now have even more features available at your fingertips including the ability to:
- Enter a payment memo in the new Payment Memo field to save information for future reference
- Add attachments to advance payments to save a corresponding file with each advance
- Edit advances that have not been applied to invoices
- Use custom view options for the Advances list.
In addition, new functionality in Advances includes the ability to run reports with the custom report writer, setup smart rules and smart events, and configure automatically batching payment summaries to streamline receiving advances.
Enhancements to Inventory Control
Sage Intacct 2021 R4 improves inventory control and visibility with new option to indicate if quantity on-order and/or in-transit should be included or excluded from your quantity available calculation.
In previous version of Sage Intacct, the quantity available for an item was always calculated using the quantities for on hand, on hold, and on order. However, common situations where you might need more flexibility in changing the calculation include:
- If the lead time for purchase orders is long, you might want to exclude on order quantities
- If the lead time for in-transit warehouse transfers is short, you might want to include the in-transit quantities
- If you practice just-in-time inventory, you probably want the available quantity to reflect only what's on premise
Industry-Focused Enhancements for Non-profits
Another customer-inspired idea, Sage Intacct 2021 R4 introduces a way for non-profit organizations to automate the release of purpose-based revenue after it has been spent. Once qualified expenses have been entered for a period, you need to release the revenue from the restricted state. The restriction release feature enables you to generate a revenue release journal entry based on the criteria you specify.
In addition, a new change management option was added to Purchasing and Order Entry (OE) configuration that provides better control over changing or deleting change orders that reference or impact another document.
Financial Reporting Enhancements
This new release includes a couple of highly-requested financial reporting enhancements requested by the Intacct customer community.
In the continued effort to work toward eliminating as many steps from the close process as possible, Intacct 2021 R4 introduces the ability to automatically trigger scheduled financial reports to run once the GL is closed.
Plus, it’s now easier to use computations in reports by providing the ability to use names and descriptions for the computations you define. Now when you use computations in your report, it’s much easier to view and understand what the columns are. Previously, the columns appeared as ‘Computation 1’ and ‘Computation 2’.
New List Experience
Currently in beta testing, the new and improved Lists experience is almost ready to roll out. Key improvements in the Intacct 2021 R4 release include:
- Drag and drop to reorder, freeze, or resize columns
- Get standard list view or create new views from scratch
- Do simple filtering from any column or use more advanced filtering that works across columns—then save what you filter on into a custom view for repeated use.
- Split the view to see the detail associated with a specific row
Check out this Intacct Lists Demo Video to see these new features in action.
These are just some of the highlights sampled from a wide range of other new features included in this latest release. Want the complete release notes or have some questions? Don't hesitate to reach out, it's what we're here for!