No Update Required to Generate Sage 500 ERP 1099s
There is Good News for any Sage 500 ERP users that need to generate 1099s this coming January. If you are on a current version* of Sage 500 ERP, there will be no update required this year!
Last year, Sage introduced the integration from Sage 500 ERP to Aatrix for 1099 filing. With this change, Aatrix will now manage any changes to the forms and eFiling requirements for 1099s. The 1099 Form eFile and Reporting task within Sage 500 ERP provides the data currently needed for Aatrix. As there are no changes to the information needed for Tax Year 2017, there is no update needed to the software at this time.
The cost to utilize the Aatrix services varies based on your Sage 500 Maintenance plan. If you need assistance in understanding this, please reach out to us and we can review this with you.
You can click on this link to see details of the Sage 500 / Aatrix Integration: https://partner.aatrix.com/sage500
* Current versions
- Below provides the supported versions of Sage 500 ERP with Aatrix:
- 2014 (aka 7.6) with the January 2016 or more recent product update applied
- 2016 (aka 7.7) with the base version or any product update applied
- 2017 (aka 7.8) with the base version or any product update applied.
- If you aren’t sure, check for the new task on your Sage 500 Desktop under Accounts Payable > Insights > Report > 1099 Reports > 1099 Forms (2016+). You may have to change to the Standard Menu to see this new task if you utilize a custom menu.
- The deadline for filing 1099s, paper copies or electronic, which the IRS changed last year is now, generally, January 31. Please review deadline and related 1099 information for this year’s filing requirements at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099gi.pdf.
- Credit Card transactions – if you pay your vendor via a credit card, then you don’t have to (and shouldn’t) report it on a 1099-MISC form. The merchant bank will be reporting it on their 1099-K https://www.irs.gov/payments/payment-card-transactions-faqs.
What if I am not on a Sage 500 ERP version that supports the Aatrix integration?
Last year, RKL eSolutions worked with many clients to update Sage 500 ERP to support the format changes required for Tax Year 2016. This was an update provided by RKL – not from Sage – as these older versions are no longer supported by Sage. Based on our initial review this year, there appear to be no changes to the Tax Forms for 2017. Based on this it is our expectation that clients that utilized our 1099 update for older versions of Sage 500 last year will not need an update this year. We will continue to monitor and review this as it is always possible that changes can be introduced by the IRS at any time.
We would advise that if you are going to work from an older version of 500 that you test this as soon as possible. This will allow for time to resolve any issues that may arise before the filing deadline.
What if I have never generated 1099s from Sage 500 before?
If you are on a current version* of Sage 500 ERP then you should be all set, you can take advantage of the integration to Aatrix as noted above. If you need assistance, reach out to our support desk and we can get you the help you need.
If you are not on a current version, please reach out to us and we can work with you to determine the best way to proceed. We have several options for clients that are running older versions and the recommendation may vary based on several factors.
Key RKL eSolutions Contacts
(717) 735-9109 – Option 4 for Application Support
VP – Sage 500 ERP Practice
(717) 735-9109 x 9124
Account Manager - East
(717) 735-9019 x 1492
Account Manager - West
(717) 735-9109 x 9131
Webinar: Year-end Processing for Sage 500 ERP
When: Wednesday, Dec 6th | 2pm est, 11am pst
Register for Webcast